Re: [ST] New owner!

Arn (or, BigCanoe),

Welcome. I have a 2000 RS also, but mine's the cool color, Racing Yellow.
You've found the best resources, this group and SBN.

Run 89 octane (US rating) in your bike. I like my mirrors, they work as well
as anything else I've had, better than some. Whether you choose to use the
Triumph branded Mobil One or the MX 4T, do use a Triumph filter. Don't waste
it, it's expensive, so follow the recommended intervals for oil changes with
that oil, or you're throwing money away. At 6,000 miles, the oil I take out
of mine looks very much the same as the stuff I'm putting in.

I have not put a center stand on mine because I need that extra cornering
clearance (I tend to stay in the saddle and lean the bike instead of hanging
off.)  I have not gotten a luggage rack or grab rail, as I like the look
with the seat cowl on. If I do need to carry stuff, I have the Triumph Sport
Panniers (soft bags), and they work REALLY well. I have also added the
heated grips, tankbag, auxilliary power socket, master cylinder cover, belly
pan and a couple other bits.

Some RS owners see their bike as a sport-TOURER, others like me see it as a
SPORT-tourer. Which will you be?

Ken M.
'00 RS