Re: [ST] Speedo error.

Hi Mike,

I should have stated that those are not my speedo readings but my true speed.
 I measured my rear tire diameter and, using the different gear and tranny
ratios from the manual, made an Excel spreadsheet that calculates my speed in
any gear and in 1000 rpm increments.  My speedo actually reads LOW on this
bike.  When my calcs indicate 83mph at 5K with the 18T sprocket my speedo
reads about 81 to 82 mph.

Of course, the speedo is "calibrated" by design for the Front Tire diameter
so when you change brands or tires, etc there will be variation in the
accuracy.  I just carry my handy-dandy spreadsheet with me and try to
remember 5K = 83 mph so that when I see 10K on the tach in 6th gear I will
know I am doing 166mph :-) (I have seen over 9K BTW)

Randy in AZ