RE: [ST] Mileage

 I don't have an 18t gear, but the 17t sprocket with stock rear.  I also
have an ST and a good amount of "slabbin".  When I first put the
sprocket on the change was outrageous, and all for only ~500RPM, and
consequentially played a lot harder than usual.  The lowest I remember
getting during that time was 35MPG.  Once I got used to the extra grin
factor I started running with about 40MPG averages around town and short
trips.  On the highway I got 47MPG when I went to Michigan last summer;
that's running around 75 in PA and 80 across Ohio and at 80MPH I'm
hitting about 5K RPM.  I still get around 180 miles before I start
thinking about gas stations.  I have always used downshifting and engine
braking with the bike, that's how I learned with to drive a car.
 As far as having the bike checked out just give yourself sometime or
make the conscious effort to ride the way you used to, and also just try
being extra "frugal" to see what the best mileage you can get by
"babying" it.

Brad "Deviled Dawg" Applegate
'00 Blue ST
TSRA# 227

"Horsepower is the measure of how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how
far you carry it afterwards"