[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #254

In a message dated 5/4/02 9:46:09 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< So, in this groups experience, what kind of distance is the ST good for. Do
bar risers, aftermarket seats etc., make major improvements toward that end.
Or am I better off finding another Trophy.

I found my '99 ST quite satisfactory going to Daytona and back last year,
doing 500 mile days. with stock windshield, bars, and seat. Slight seat
discomfort beging around 300 miles, easily relieved  by stopping for fuel,
etc every 150 miles. As others have ponted out, the wind pressure at 65+ mph
perfectly compensates for the forward lean, and takes the weight off the
wrists. (I am 5'10")  My previous bike was a Trophy, and I much prefer the ST
for its lighter weight, and better handling. Dave Collins, San Diego