[ST] Long distance subject continued

I have given a lot of thought about changing bikes due to my desire to ride
long distance all day rides. I love the Sprint and would miss it terribly if
I let it go. But, I have a bad knee that suffers from several sports
injuries and I can not sustain the knee bend the Sprint requires for long
distance rides. I just spent a week long ride on the bike and my knee gave
me some fits. Sometimes after long periods on the bike, my knee was so stiff
and sore, I thought I might not be able to put it down at the next stop. So,
I have put it up for sale. I doubt it will sell anytime soon, because I owe
too much on it at this point of time. My plan is to reduce my riding of the
bike to keep the mileage down and wait out the value/debt ratio.
The bike I plan to replace the Sprint with will be the latest BMW R1150 RT.
I think it is a great bike, but not a Sprint. When I sell my Sprint, I will
have to put away all my pictures of the bike and stay away from the Sprint
hang outs, such as this list. The reason... I am sure you all know.
One positive point to be said of my Sprint, it brought me back to the world
of motorcycling after 20 years without, and I am not sure any other bike
could have done so.
I am sure if it were not for the condition of my knee, I would keep my bike
long enough to wear it out and we know that would be an awfully long time.
As I said, I think it will take a while to sell the bike and so, I will
continue to enjoy this wonderful community on the web.
Mike Benzon
Red 2000 Sprint ST
Burney, CA

End of st-digest V2002 #262