[ST] Bad service @ Lynnwood Cycle Barn (long)

OK, I resisted posting my unpleasant experience for a while, but those of
you in the Seattle area might be interested in my recent service adventure.
At the end of March I brought in my '01 ST to have two new tires mounted --
simple, right? They had the bike ready by the end of the day, and that's
when the fun started. I discovered half a dozen paint gouges in the front
rim -- ugly to say the least. I called the service manager, and he agreed to
repaint the rim for free. Cool. They would only need the bike for 2 days, he
said.
I dropped it off on April 6 and waited...and waited..and called...and
waited. After about 2 weeks, they called and said it was done, but said the
mechanic had again chipped the paint installing the wheel, and they wanted
it a little longer. OK, fine. I waited again. And called and waited. Finally
on May 3, I got the bike back. The bike seemed OK. A few days ago, I noticed
the speedo cable looked wrong, so I looked closer and discovered that the
plastic housing is being eaten by the brake disc bolts. Hmmm, apparently the
mechanic doesn't know how to reassemble the front wheel either. Off by 90
degrees, cocked in the hub, and with the cable wedged between the forks and
the disc. Nice job, jocko. So I check the other side, and discover that the
wheel bearing seal is cocked, and half hanging out of the hub. Oh shit! At
70 bucks an hour, I expect better service than that.

Am I bringing it back to have these two new problems fixed? Hell, no! It
might take 2 months to get it back, and it might have 2 or 3 more things
screwed up. My advice, don't get *any* service at the Lynnwood Cycle Barn
unless you have no other option -- and the time to repair anything they
screw up.

- -Rob Keeble
'01 BRG