[ST] Trade Sprint for Trophy

Maybe someone on the list knows someone who has a Trophy 1200 and would be
interested in trading it for my Sprint ST. I would want the 1200 and would
like it to be similar in years and mileage. My ST is equipped with both wind
screens, full hard bag set, throttlemeister and the Triumph off road
Stainless can. It is Tornado Red.

Knowing how much I like the Triumph product I think I can be very happy with
a Trophy. I don't know much about them, I have been reading everything I can
to get a flavor of the bike. There is a Yahoo group called "Triumph Trophy",
which has about 700 members and I have been lurking there and back reading
their posts. Most of them sound insanely pleased with their bikes like most
of us about our Sprints.

Many thanks to all you who have posted various comments to my problem with
the Sprint. I have been riding the bike for two years now and a member of
this list for most of that time, so I have seen or tried most of the cures
for my problems with the bike. Initially, I wasn't interested in all day
rides and the Sprint worked for me. Eventually, I began to have a more of an
interest in touring than short runs. I started a Yahoo club site
(NorCalSportbikes) and began riding with a group of sportbikers. These rides
became high speed canyon blasts (which was great fun), but soon there became
ugly accidents and injured riders and destroyed bikes. I became very
dis-interested and left that scene. I hosted a track day at Thunderhill Park
and had a fantastic day. I really cemented the fact that track days are the
place to hot rod and nothing comes close to the enjoyment of a track day for
that kind of riding. However, after a few days from the track day I decided
that I love my machine too much to risk that type of riding and I would from
then on pursue my joy of touring. I raced cars for twenty plus years and I
pretty much wore out the racing bug.  Now that I spend all of my time
touring I demand more comfort on the bike. Before the little pains were
forgiven because of the bike's other personality.

There is something else about the Sprint and this is something that is an
inner problem with me, I just can't help but want to ride fast, like the
sportbike squids. It is the bike, it is the way you sit on it, when you lean
it over in a turn and you lean over the tank and charge it through a turn
and then another turn and another turn. I can't resist the temptation. I
could go on and on about this and I am sure you all can tear my argument
apart. I think I should change to a bike that sits my straight up, but I
don't want a bike like a Gold Wing with too much limitations. I want a bike
that feels civilized but has the capabilities to get itself out of trouble
when the need arrives. This is where I have come to bikes such as the
BMWRT's and the Trophy. I am sufficiently concerned about the problems
associated with the BMW's to lean more towards the Trophy. I need to ride a
Trophy and I intend to do that as soon as possible. I have ridden a friend's
RT, it's not the best but I could live with it.

So, if anyone knows of a possible trade, let me know.

Mike Benzon