Re: [ST] Riding the new T5s

From: "Mike Ciebien, Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays"
<mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 2002 Sprint ST (blue)
> Only the motor has changed so there's less of a reason to trade in a
> pre-2002 model.

I just traded my 01 for an 02 yesterday. Some immediately noticeable
differences:

** Emergency flasher switch is gone.
** Alternator cover protrudes through left side fairing.
** Clutch housing is humongous, but stays behind the fairing.
** Engine oil window is gone, replaced by a plastic dipstick.
** Dual cable throttle replaces the old single cable setup.
** Rear tire nipple loses its right angle adapter; access is easier.
** Fuel tank is smaller: 19.5L (5.15 gal).
** Rear brake master cylinder now accessible without disassembling body
panels.

Didn't get to do much more than get it home from the shop, so really can't
comment about the engine and tune. Throttle response seems snappier right
off idle; the exhaust barks nicely when you blip gently. The bike feels
lighter; listed dry weight is 455 lbs (down from 480'ish???). The engine
seems to have been moved rear-ward, but I can't really tell. The plumbing in
front seems to have been cleaned up, but I don't have a clear recollection
of the view through the fairing "windows". In any case, it's very clean now.