[ST] Good News About Corbin

I know there has been a lot of bad news about Corbin here lately but I
wanted to give an account of a really great experience.  I ordered my seat
from a rep at the international motorcycle show in Dallas.  I am not a tall
rider 5'7" and I always felt like I was on the front section of the stock
seat.  I explained to the rep that I wanted the base of the seat closer to
the bars for a more comfortable ride.  He recommended they move the rise
forward 1.5" inches forward and keep the stock width (no side shaving)  I
went with the Carbon Fiber leather with an abbreviated black welt.  The seat
was estimated to take 6 weeks to completion.  On the middle of the 5th week
my seat showed up on my door.  It fit the bike perfectly and the finish was
excellent.  One side benefit was a slightly larger pillon section that
everyone seems to appreciate.  My only little gripe was they had not seen a
sapphire blue bike so they couldn't guarantee me a color match if I wanted
the welt to match the bike.

I have over 1000 miles on the seat and its broken in well and even more
comfortable.  I really like how it feels when you roll on the throttle.  It
gives a ton of front to back stability with a large seat area for touring,
but is easy enough to move around in when the road gets curvy.

A buddy of mine has the mayer seat on his BMW GS and it is a very
comfortable seat.  The one thing I like better on my corbin better than the
mayer is the texture of the leather.  I always felt like I was sliding of
the slick leather of the mayer.  The corbin grips me better under hard
acceleration.

Well thats my .02 worth.  I hope this helps someone out there.

- -Rex
Norman, OK
2001 ST Sapphire Blue

End of st-digest V2002 #288