[ST] ear plugs

In a message dated 5/25/02 9:57:05 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I just got a pair from an outfit that was set up at the Fontana
superbike race, but apparently they didn't mold correctly and won't
either a) stay in my ears when putting a helmet on, or b) seal
correctly, plus they hurt my ears significantly.  Foam vastly preferred,
though more expensive in the long run I think.  (I prefer the Howard
Leight leight sleepers, yellow and pink, 33db rating, very quiet and
comfy but useless after a few wearings due to softening up enough that
they won't go in.) >>

I have tried several sets of custom-molded plugs, and find I can't make them
seal properly (small ear canals, perhaps). I just order the Howard Leight
plugs in large boxes-200 pairs per box-from a safety-products catalog-they
aren't very expensive that way-I like the Max-1, which is bell shaped, and
rolls up small enough to fit me. Can't remember the company, but there are
several on the web, if you do a search for Howard Leight-they don't sell
directly.

End of st-digest V2002 #298