RE: [ST] Triumph Tank Bag

>On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:31:30PM -0400, Arnold Cota wrote:
>> Does this bag detach easily from the bike?  Does it have a carrying
>> strap?  Looks very high quality but not much information on the web
>> site.

>Brian Wrote:
>The bag itself is held on by velcro and 4 quick-release buckles.
> It does have a shoulder strap.  The pad that stays on the bike is
> held on by 4 straps.  The 2 under the seat take a few minutes to
> get on and off. Many (myself included) use "D-ring" clips on the
> 2 straps that go over the bracing that holds the nose-fairing on.

I am using the stock tank bag for the ST which I believe is not the
same listed for the RS - model A9518005. John Morin warned me that
it sat up too high and poked you in the chest as you rode. I found
the same thing as the back of the bag was pointed and too high even
with my bar risers. The trick to make it work for me was to remove
the plastic stiffener from the zippered go around pocket and trim
the back of the stiffener into a half circle. After two trimmings
the back of the bag folds down enough to either stay out of the
way or a comfortable support to lean against while beating into
the wind. The map pocket is a bit weird but can be worked with.
It holds a bunch of stuff but a useable back pocket or side pockets
would be appreciated. It unclips and has easy to access to the fuel
tank however. Overall I'm happy with it...

Kevin McDonald
01 ST
70 Bonnie