[ST] Re: Tank or Tailbag

I use the Ventura Pack Rack system on my 2001 RS, and really like it.
It uses a very sturdy rack that mounts to the rear of the bike with
custom brackets. A 45L bag slides onto the rack, and is retained with
two simple nylon buckles.  This functions like a tail pack, but is much
more stable, and easy to remove (the bag, not the rack).  This also has
the benefits of not scratching the paint with the bottom of the bag, or
ugly retaining straps or bungees.  You can also turn the bag around and
ride two up, which is not possible with a tail pack.  The kit lists for
$320, which is a little steep, but you are paying for a high quality,
well engineered system.  I got mine from Arizona Motorsports for $280,
and they shipped it for free.  It did, however take two weeks for me to
receive it.  I know that they have a web site, but I don't have the
address.  I'm guessing that a simple search will find it for you.

Wes Kendall
2001 Sprint RS