[ST] re: Pappy's Ride & inane comment

G'morning folks,

I try to keep my socio-political-cultural positions off this particular venue (I'm not at all shy sharing them in the appropriate locale), but every once in a while the planets align and inanity rears its ugly arse.

I'm not going to argue the visibility question on helmets, as I think I have BETTER vision WITH the helmet, but then I live in the very sun saturated southwest where ANYTHING that reduces glare is a godsend.  i.e., YMMV.  I won't argue the hearing thing either.  What I must take exception to is this response:

Dennis wrote: "Doesn't it strike you as odd, that a group of "bikers" would get together to validate an unrealistic law, which is probably responsible for a number of preventable injuries and deaths?"

The law is not responsible for a number of preventable injuries and deaths.  Generally speaking, the folks who chose to ride are responsible.  A law can only be "responsible" when the law REQUIRES a certain behavior, not when it permits it.  Responsibility lies with authority, in Conneticut the rider has the authority to determine helmet, not the law.  Thus, the rider is responsible.

Adults are responsible for their actions, and the consequences.  Children are not.  Unless you think that riding a motorcycle is childish behavior...