RE: [ST] $$$ to mount/balance tires

On Fri, 31 May 2002, RedDawg wrote:

> You can come to my house and do it for free, although any
> contributions

So where do you live :-)

might be a bit of a hike for me though

> To the tire changing fund would be greatly appreciated. If you
> are not The do-it-yourself type, I believe Cycle Gear changes
> tires not purchased From the for $20, $10 if you buy from them.

Mike's cycle in McKinney will do a tire for $22, and actually
treats the rim like its his own.

> David wrote: ... Berkeley, CA, to ask how much it costs to
> mount and balance my rear wheel. $45!!! That's unbelievable!
> Any suggestions for reasonable Bay Area shops.

Most of the stealers in the DFW area charge about the same, plus
they will not touch mail order tires, they still insist mail
order tires are factory seconds and will only mount tires
purchased at MSRP from their store. I believe Brian goes to a
dealer in Grapvine, H*nda dealer though, that is pretty decent,
so there are exceptions, but they are rare up here where I live
in the land of the rich and plenty where motor cyclists exist
soley to give $$$$ to the dealers.

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,150 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500