Re: vest vs liner(Re: [ST] Accessory Plug)

Never said I was perfect :-)

> To me, the biggest thing is to make sure your jacket and gloves keep
> wind out.  That saps your heat very quickly.  I also wear a cheap little
> $2.99 neck gaiter that I boght in the hunting dept at WallyWorld.

Ah, the Gerbings has (for me) a great heated colar :-)

> If you can keep the wind off you, a heated vest will keep you plenty
> warm.

Yup, the Triumph one piece rain suite with leathers underneath will keep
me warm down to about 45-50 degrees, AFAIK, adding in the vest I am good
down to 40, it is not until I drop below 40 where I have to turn on the juice.

Of course the grips where on anytime I was under about 60 deg.

Depending on bulk, I am going to look at a two suit set for touring next summer.
Joe rocket Pheonix mesh set and then a synthetic water proof suit.

But we can cross that bridge next summer. But rain suit over leather
is still pretty damn bulky. I am thinking a good synthetic suit
will be able to keep me comfy from 30 to 85 deg F, with the
help od some venting, and the Gerbings liner. And for desert running
a Gr[a|e]y Joe Rocket suite will be good from 75 and up.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)