Re: [ST] Rock Damage pics

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, The SunFlowers wrote:

> "Tom Emberson" <ate_st@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well, here are some of the pics of my bike.
>
> So for an oil pan, one rim, two tires, a turn signal and a
> couple of pieces of bodywork they are totalling your bike, just
> 1.5 years old?

As well the front end was tweeked. Still can't believe I did not
go down then my front tire was struck by the rock, well when I
ran over the rock I should say. I guess I just had the bike
verticle enough that it did not kick the bike out from under
neath me.

It is funny, I can't remember the exact details of the impact,
all I can remember is the one rock rolling accross the road,
braking/avoiding, bracing for impact, then riding away.
There is about 500mS that I can not account for. It is strange,
I can still remeber every detail about, your oops, flipping my
Dad's car (over 6 years ago), low siding my 9r, and about 3
other random bike downs I have seen.

Oh well.

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)