[ST] stupid mistake; oil pan needed!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I wheeled my ST out to the driveway to winterize it today. Let it warm up
for about 5 minutes and drained the oil. Went to take the filter off, and it
was too tight. The filter wrench just slipped on around the filter. So I
decided to use the old screwdriver through the filter trick that I
remembered reading about. After about 6 holes through the filter, it finally
came free.

I finished up the oil change...replaced the plug, new filter in place, and
started pouring the new oil in. About 1/2 way through, I'm alarmed to see a
huge puddle of oil spreading underneath the bike. Plug is in good, filter is
snug, where is this oil coming from???? I bet you know already...I took the
filter off and there is a nice hole in the oil pan. A very loud profanity
escaped my lips at that point. I guess I tapped the screw driver a little
too hard and went right into the bike.

I don't know if the mechanic at the dealer over-torqued the filter or if I
didn't let the engine heat up long enough. All I know is that I've got a big
whole in the bottom of my bike.

Dealer says I can get a new one for $304. I've deleted all the messages from
the unfortunate folks who have totaled bikes. Do any of you have an oil pan
I can buy off you?

AAArrrrggghhh!!!

Chris STrizver