[ST] Help selecting the right new tires

Greets, all.

After more than 5500 miles in just under five months, it's time to think
about new tires. I bought my '00 ST in June, and though I got a brand new
rear BT020 as part of the deal, the front still looked good so I let it go.
Well, the front is now looking pretty sad, and I figure I may as well
replace the set while I'm at it.

The 020's have been pretty good to me. About the only complaints I have is
that the rear tends to break loose when I open the throttle coming out of a
slow turn, and in rain I can feel them squirming even in low-speed turns.
The 020's don't seem to stack up too well to the competition in comparo's
I've seen, though, so I'm looking for what tire would work best for me.

I ride every day during the week, with about a 60/40 mix of highway and city
street. I like to take off on the weekends for a couple/three 2-hour jaunts
to nowhere and lean the bike a bit, and it goes without saying that these
miles are pretty much all highway at increased speed. At my present rate,
I'm racking up about 1000 miles per month and I have no reason to believe
that rate will slow in the next year or so.

Because of my like for fun, I'm thinking a sportier tire like the Azaro
45/46, Michelin Pilot Sport, or Metzeler M1 would make me happiest with the
handing, but then again with how many miles I rack up I'd probably be
looking for replacements in just a few months. So, I'm stuck. Given this mix
of riding, what does this learned group think would be my best bet?

Thanks!
Roger
'00ST (black)