RE: [ST] New Bike[ST vsBlackbirdVsK1200RS

Hey Bill,

Never ridden a Blackbird, so can't say.

First time I rode a K12RS, I was completely blown away (100 mph in 3rd gear,
and it felt like I was going 55 mph).  But I didn't have an opportunity to
do much in the twisties.

I have to say that the first time I rode the ST, I liked it, but it didn't
blow me away, but it had some other characteristics (affordability, price,
and economy) that steered me towards it.

After riding the ST for a few months I got back on a K12RS and took it up on
the twisties, and I have to say that I didn't like it nearly as much as the
ST.  The weight of the K12 is a lot to throw into a corner and keep under
control.  And this weekend, I was paired up with a K12 on a group ride.
There were many times that he was forced to straigten out turns and cross
over the center line when my ST was still keeping up following the correct
side of the road.

I imagine that you wouldn't regret getting either bike.  If you want a
really stable bike to do a lot of travel on highways, go with the K12.  If
you really want to enjoy some peg-scraping fun, get the Triumph.  I think
I'm not the only one who would say this, but I am supremely content with the
ST.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST