Re: [ST] earplugs

peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...snip...]
>
> Taking political action about this silly law was something I too had
> considered.  Please keep me updated off list (pchittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx), as I
> will gladly make some noise to my state rep if I know when it is coming up
> to vote.
>
> In the mean time, does anyone know how a person could get their hands on
> some of these custom legally sanctioned earplugs?  Do they really have to be
> custom made, or are they just really really expensive and thus "custom"?

Peter, I don't know about you, but I would *never* be able to
keep track of a custom set of earplugs. I'd lose/drop/crush/etc.
them in a matter of weeks, and then what?

I walked across the street to grainger (an industrial supply
company) and bought a box of 200 pair of 3M #1100 Foam Ear Plugs,
NRR 29 dB, cost about $20. In the 4 instances in the last couple
of years that I've had to remove my helmet in the presence of
'The Man', not once have any remarks been made regarding my
freshly removed earplugs (nor were any tickets written!).

I'm glad to hear(pun!) Marc has taken up the fight against this
poorly written law, but I have not personally come into contact
with anyone who has been cited for it. YMMV.

I wear the foam plugs *every* time i ride, and figure my hearing
is well worth a half day in court to fight a ticket, should I ever
receive one.

	good luck - al.

	p.s - have fun at the show friday; sorry we
	won't be able to meet up!

- --
       /\ _
      /  \ \    al bailey