RE: [ST] Just when I thought...

> I think when I get a bike again I'm going to go to a parking lot and
> practice braking to a complete stop in a smooth, straight line with my
> eyes closed.  Hell, I think that's something the MSF should consider for
> its curriculum.

That's a pretty good idea.  Many years ago I was riding home at night
down the local 100kmph highway on my good old GSX750ESD when, as I
approached a left hander, the headlight bulb blew.  The highway didn't
have overhead lights in those days so it was as though someone shoved
a black visor on my helmet.  Talk about panic breaking.  Luckily I
pulled up before I made it deep into the corner and that there wasn't
any other traffic on the raod (but then I guess at least I could have
seen something).

If my youthful (at the time) brain had kicked in a bit earlier I could
have flicked onto high-beam.  Luckily it all worked out fine anyway.
But blind emergency breaking training would have taken a lot of the
panic out of the event - probably.

Bambi