RE: [ST] Tire repair

Rick,

Yes, to repair or replace, that is the question.  Spent a lot of time
thinking about it yesterday.  Dug up the March 2002 issue of Motorcycle
Consumer News with its comparo of tire repair kits and mulled over that for
a while.  (That same issue is "the Triumph issue" with a review of the '02
ST, the results of the Triumph owners survey and mini tests of the RS, S3
and TT600, so of course I had to re-read all that stuff too!)

But in the end, I've decided to replace the tire.  Yeah, the hole is small -
about 1/8", and it's in the middle of the tread.  But the best way to repair
is to remove the tire and patch it from the inside.  So that means I have to
pay someone to do this, and then I'll always be aware of the fact that I'm
riding on a tire that may not be 100%.  The peace of mind alone is worth the
extra $100 or so it's going to cost me to replace.

And talking about peace of mind - here's a plug for AMA MoTow.  I signed up
for this in July, at a cost of $35 or $40.  So yesterday, I got my bike
carried home on a flatbed truck for no charge except the tolls and a tip for
the driver.  Saved me well over $200 in towing charges.

Cheers,

Mort H.
'00 ST