Re: [ST] The Smiley Bag incident

previously on the list;

>From: Randy <randys955i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>I think in a true panic situation it is difficult
>enough to keep the front from locking, the rear is
>nigh on impossible.  That's why my rear (brake) is
>consigned to parking lot and gravel road duties only.
>YMMV.  I know some may not agree, but I wish Triumph
>would offer the *option* of ABS on the Sprints.
>
>Glad you turned out OK Steve.  Were you wearing your
>Triumph leathers?
>
>Randy
>'00 RS

Yes, the rear brake syndrome is a curse sometimes.
The price you pay, having grown up on overpowered,
under braked bikes of the 60's & 70's. The rear brake
has become an automatic reflex.

As for the gear I was wearing;

Triumph Perf Leather Retro Jacket, with Bohn CF pads
Wintex leather pants with Bohn CF body armor underneath
Shoei XSP helmet
Triumph Explorer Boots and Gloves

Everything worked perfectly, I am still wearing the boots
and gloves.  The rest was an insurance write-off, but I
walked away unscathed.  All top notch gear, would not ride
without it, or it's equivalent.

duncan
dallas

"if you do not occasionally fail, you are not trying hard enough"