Re: [ST] Ride like what Steve?

In a previous email, Jack Hays stated:
> devil dawg wrote: Why ride Red like a British telephone booth when you can
> ride Blue like the Tardis?
>
> Did you say Turtle Steve:-)

Jack,
In your original email you wrote "A proper British Red Time Machine."
Upon reading that I felt compelled to correct you.

Dr. Who's time machine, the T.A.R.D.I.S. (see note), may have appeared
like a proper British Red Phone booth, when it was actually a police
box. A proper British police box is black. When they first shot the show
they felt that the black box did not look right on black and white
television. They then painted it blue thus assuring the world over that
a "proper British Time Machine" is blue.

 > Did you say Turtle Steve:-)

No, you silly boy, everyone knows that turtles are green!

Note: "Doctor Who" was a British sci-fi television series that aired
from the 60's through the 90's. The show was about a Time Lord, "The
Doctor", who traveled through time and space in his T.A.R.D.I.S. (Time
And Relative Dimensions In Space) which was "dimensionally
transcendental", was disguised as a police box, and painted blue. For
more info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to
prayer."
                    -- Mark Twain