Re: [ST] Arrrrgh! Whack! Whack! Whack!

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:56:27AM -0800, Kevin Liske wrote:

> This morning I was hurrying out of my driveway and got Mr. Toad's
> Wild Ride.  Cold tires + cold road + right turn up hill + too
> much gas = Bike On Side
>
> I have to heel over to the right and go up hill out of my driveway.
> A little too much exuberance on the throttle caused my cold tire
> to spin on cold asphalt.  I almost got it under control, but
> been caught off guard, I was hanging onto the grips and couldn't
> get the throttle to let off which caused the bike to do the same
> thing the other way.  End result is a big scrap on the left panel
> and a broken shifter linkage.  Grrrrrrr.

Be glad you didn't/couldn't let off the throttle.  Letting off is what
happened in my case:

Bike tires not aligned in the direction of motion + traction = highside

Instead of a panel and shifter, I got broken arm (cast off on Wednesday,
though!) and a totalled ST.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (one of the now extinct black ones)
Dallas, TX