Re: [ST] Trip to England next March

In your message regarding [ST] Trip to England next March dated Sun, 10 Nov
2002 13:20:19 -0800 (PST), Robert said that ...

<snipped>
>R-
>R-  So to summerize, I need a riding companion and a
>R-  motorcycle to make my trip to England truely complete!

Hi Robert

The reason you have been totally deluged with messages on list [not] (you may
have had some off list) is that your choice of month could have been slightly
better for UK riding :-o

March is either cold - OK not as cold as you guys have it in the US but < 5
degrees C *with* 99% humidity makes for unpleasant riding - or has gales and
100% humidity (namely rain) [as we have at the moment :-( ].

You will find Scotland even more inclement :-(

As far as hiring a bike goes there are quite a few places.  Do a Google search
on the following terms "Motorcycle hire UK".

You are welcome to take temporary membership of the Wales & SW ST Riders
mailing list if you do manage to organise a bike so you can chat to the members
(although most of them lurk here).

I would be quite happy to contemplate a weekend ride in the West Country to
show you some of the best biking roads in the country in March provided there
is no ice or salt on the road.  Cold and rain doesn't bother me (heated grips +
heated waistcoat :-))) )  And I am sure some the members will assist your foray
into Wales.

Good luck.

- --
Mike Bostock