Re: [ST] Crash and New Bike (long)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, John Morin wrote:

> settlement checks last week. Only thing that wasn't cover was
> the jacket.

Interesting, that is the first time I have ever heard a
motorcycle jacket not being covered.

> little nervous about not getting parts. I didn't even consider
> a Japanese. I like a bike with style and soul. I like the
> organic (Tiger) or engineering

Depends on the Japanese bike, I would have considered a V-Strom,
the Suzuki V-Twin has a lot of soul, of course YMMV.

> (BMW) styles vs. the Battlestar Gallactia looking bikes that
> have been

Yup, even the ducs and Aprilla's are getting a bit carried away.
again YMMV, the FJR is right on that line for me.

It all depends on what you want, I considered getting a Tiger
for my trip up to YT next summer, an honestly it would be great
for shorter jaunts, I just could not imagine spending 900 miles
a day on it. Where the ST and FJR, no worries.

> I hope to see everyone on the road soon. Again, sorry for the
> long post.

Speaking of which, will you be healed (sic) enough to be able to
ride it up for the motorcycle show?

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)