Re: [ST] Insult to injury and loud pipes

At 07:34 PM 11/11/02, Scott wrote:

>A closer inspection revealed a flat rear tire!! This is of course a
>brand spanking new BT 020 that I mounted right before heading to
>Arkansas the previous weekend. A very small nail was stuck in the
>tread. The hole is so small as to barely be visible. I have since
>removed the tire and mounted the extra I had waiting to go on my wife's
>VFR. I plan on putting an internal patch (not a plug) in the tire and
>remounting it. Any comments?

Patch it. Plug it. Forget it.

The 020 I replaced a few Kmiles back was one that I had to patch (large
nail) about 600 miles after I had just mounted it. No way was I going to
just toss it. Patched it from the inside with one of those mushroom
head-type plugs. Had it remounted and went on my way for another 6k miles
('til the wear bars started tellin me it was time to replace - I just can't
get more'n 6k miles outta the rear).

Silly to pitch a perfectly good tire if it can be properly patched. If you
don't want it, send it to me.

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA#90
Duc 748