[ST] Computing, maps, and underwear

Thanks for the suggestions on computers, gps, and paper maps.  I have a
Garmin GPS III+ and paper maps, however, they are insufficient for the task
at hand.  I need to do route planning away from home for endurance rallyes.
At the beginning of the rallye you are given the bonus locations, in one
rallye they cover the eastern half of the US, and in 48 hours you have a two
hour window to hit at the finish.  Put in the bonus locations, try to eye a
maximized point route, and then plot it with speed and time for gas and
bonus stops to see if you can make the two hour window.  Oh, and by the way,
the more time you spend planning your route you are eating away at your 48
hours.  This is also good practice for the Iron Butt Rally as that is how
each of the four legs is done.  The clothes packing was a good idea, but I
didn't know I should be packing more than two shirts and two pair of
underwear for a 14 day trip.

Doug Bailey