Re: [ST] CBR954RR

You know, when I got the TL there was a shinney new 954 and
Gixer1000 5 feet away from the TL. Both where very tempting, but
I remembered earlier this summer when I took a 954 out for a
test ride. Now there are a couple kinds of fast. There just
plain fast, the ST is there. There there is real fast, then
there is stupid fast. I know, nothing scientific, but more of a
butt fealing.

My 9r was on the right side of real fast, just about to border
on stupid fast. The 954 is stupid fast, no doubt about it.

I finally have over 800 miles, PC II and M4's on the TL and have
started to really let it go. If is right up there in the really
fast catagory, and I am glad I did not slipover to the dark
side. For those that have the self control, the 954/r1/gixer1000
etc are great bikes. I am not saying I don't have the self
control, but I also know I don't need stupid fast, really fast
works well enough.

I truely think that we are in the golden age of the sport bike,
if you want a 954/r1/gixer1000/9r I would get it now, as I fear
that thebikes may very quickly pass over that fine line where
insuanrce or regulatory influences may make owning one difficult
in the near future.

Speaking of insurance, I am paying about 50% more for insurnance
on the FJR than the TL, who would have figured that one?

Tom

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Randy wrote:

> <<
> --the insurance lady told me the average owner
> profile is someone between 18 and 25, rides too fast
> without equipment, ends up road kill 4 times out of 10
>

> What exactly do you mean by "ends up road kill 4 times
> out of 10"? I hope you are referring to the bikes!
>
> Randy
> '00 RS

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)