Re: [ST] tire stuff

Bil Swartz wrote:
> I assume these products like Ride-On you squirt into the tire, adjust
> pressure and ride around with it in your tire for the life of the tire as
> opposed to a product like Fix-A-Flat which goes in after the puncture,
> right?

Correct, and that's what I like best about 'em -- they keep me from
getting a flat in the first place.

> If so, how do these products affect things like tire balance?  I assume
> this stuff stays liquid to some degree else it wouldn't be very effective,
> so there's got to be some effect on balance or does centrifical force
> spread it out evenly enough that you only get a wad of it at the bottom
> when you stop?  Even if so *that's* gotta feel weird!

Even during my first ride after installing it, when the stuff is
initially puddled in one spot, I haven't been able to feel it throw the
balance off. Maybe it's because I usually have to ride slowly in a
parking garage for a dozen yards and it has a chance to distribute
itself. (Ride-On claims that the stuff actually improves the wheel
balance, but I don't know the physics behind it enough to buy that claim.)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)