From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Strizver, Chris L
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 6:54 PM
To: 'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ST] tire stuff

- -----Original Message-----
From: Blake Sobiloff [mailto:sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:44 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bil Swartz wrote:
> I assume these products like Ride-On you squirt into the tire, adjust
> pressure and ride around with it in your tire for the life of the tire as
> opposed to a product like Fix-A-Flat which goes in after the puncture,
> right?

Correct, and that's what I like best about 'em -- they keep me from
getting a flat in the first place.
- --------------------------

Wait a minute...red flag here. What I'm hearing is that you can pick up a
nail in your tire and your tire will remain inflated. So this means that
you're now riding around with a nail in your tire and you don't even know
it. For those that won't even plug a punture, riding around with the nail
still in seems much worse. Aren't you setting yourself up for catastrophic
tire failure by allowing a foreign object to remain inserted in your tire?
The tire deflation that normally would ocurr seems akin to a fuse that
protects the more expensive bits.

- -Chris

*