Re: [ST] Oil thread time!

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Steve Lawler wrote:

> 1) The crush washer. What size is it? Does anyone have a Yamondasaki
> compatible replacement number?

Not sure if I'm right but in my notes I have it as a 21mm with a 14mm
hole.  Don't have a p/n but the one from the Honda VFR800 is the same.

> 2) The oil. The Triumph 4T is really expensive at USD46 per jug. I found
> Motul 300v (IIRC) at USD14.95 per litre (YIKES Triumph is cheaper!) I
> found the Mobil1 15w50 full synthetic but I couldn't remember which spec
> to get (SG,SH,SJ,SL, SI or NON) I know that one has some sort of evil
> particle in it that is not good for the wet clutch. And rather than put
> the wrong body fluids in my baby I decided to seek the collective
> knowledge of the list.

Can't seem to find any Mobil-1 motorcycle oils in stores here, but have
always felt since going 6k between changes that I got my money's worth out
of the 4T from the cycle shop.  I think it's $46-$48/gallon here?

If there is a more generic Mobil-1 at a better price I'd like to find it.

Someone else posted they paid over $30 for a filter recently, I think my
last one was around $14 for a Triumph filter.  But dang if my size G
wrench will fit 'em, but hand-tight seems to be fine the last 2 changes.

> An speaking of collective. This list is somewhat like the collective of
> the Borg. "You will be assimilated."

This list and Micro$oft but I'm trying to resist, started plaing with OS-X
this weekend in hopes of abandoning the evil empire.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail