Re: [ST] Oil thread time!

Steve,
    This is the body of an e-mail to the list from Jack Hays on Sept. 16th
this year.
I think it has what you are looking for. Don't know about the crush washer
part no.
I get them from Triumph 4 or 5 at a time.
Al

Eric Miner wrote: Mobil 1 15-50wt auto oil does NOT have the friction
modifiers that the other auto grades have.. Just look at the label as long
as it does not say "Energy Conserving" all is well.
      Eric again makes the valid point we covered many months and years
ago. Read the labels. Look at the other viscosities of Mobil 1 and you will
see the clearly printed "Energy Conserving" in the round logo.

Lots of folks out there have run Mobil 1 15-50wt  for MANY, Many miles with
zero reported clutch or other wear
problems.
      Including me for about 12,000 miles and four changes. Zero problems
and the bike shifts wonderfully. I use the very light clutch at move off
and between first and second. Just a snick with the left toes and slight
throttle back off from then on up through the gear box. And, the Mobil 1 in
a five quart bottle at Wal-Mart is only about sixteen bucks.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"