From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Blake
Sobiloff
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 9:58 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Winter Storage

Ken Mitchell wrote:
> Unfortunately, the rear will have to keep the weight on the rear shock &
> spring, unless you devise a mid-bike lift of some sort.

Unless you use a stand for the rear, too, a la
<http://www.pit-bull.com/Reversible%20One%20Armed%20Rear.htm>. I have
one of these, and although it's really overkill, I get an inappropriate
amount of enjoyment from using such a well-crafted item.

Also, although I'm not saying Ken's advice was wrong, I'd prefer to have
a full gastank to minimize the space for condensation at the top. I have
no empirical reason for this preference, though.

Battery tender, oil change (w/ cheapest oil you can find, since you'll
put fresh good stuff in before you ride again), a thorough wash-n-wax,
and an extra-thick coating of chain lube and you should be set.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)

*