Re: [ST] Winter Storage

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Jez wrote:

> From: David Edmondson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 03:39 am, Ken Mitchell
>> wrote:
>>

>>> The idea of getting the rear (and front) suspension is to
>>> minimize the amount of time in the bike's overall life that
>>> it's sitting on it's springs unecessarily fatiguing their
>>> compression resistance.
>>
>> It's more the tyres than the springs that you want weight off.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Taking the valve springs out over winter and carefully laying
> them on their sides, turning occasionaly, gives them a good
> rest too :-)

Yes but, valve springs don't have bushings. I don't thing I
would be too concerned about the rear suspension. but keeping
the weight off the front may prolong the life of the fork
seals??

But ont the other, what about the clutch springs?

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)