Re: off list(Re: [ST] Winter Storage)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:24:39 -0600, el donut _ wrote:

>Yep, go on down to Motoliberty and get one of the salespeople to help you
>with sizing/style of helmet.  Arai has about 4 different head shapes
>available these days.  You should be able to find one that fits.  .
     [snip]
>One thing I know now, is that a proper fit will feel too tight in the store,
>comfortable all around your head, but ~tight~.  Make sure and leave each on
>for a few minutes, and ask lot's of questions.
    [snip]

  It takes more then a few minutes to see if a helmet fits properly. I have read,
in several places, that you should put the helmet on and wait around for at
least 1 HOUR. Then if you have no discomfort buy it. You are looking for tight
but not sore.

>Good Luck Bro'!  A properly fitting helmet is probably the most important
>piece of equipment you will buy.  Do it right, both for safety's sake and
>the fatigue factor.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA