Re: [ST] AGHH!! Heated Grips and Heli-Bars.. HELP!!

"Joel Ashman" wrote:

> . . . the dealer is saying that they can't install the throttle
> grip because the Heli-Bars are missing a groove to route
> the wire (Under the left switch assembly?).

Joel,
The Tiger has heated grips with tubular bars.  IIRC, the wires
route through the inside of the bars and out a hole drilled
between the grips & switch assys.  Perhaps the Tiger kit can be
adapted?

> The other kicker is that I finally decided to put a longer
throttle cable on
> at the same time, so if I go back to the stock bars, I would
not need the
> longer cable.  (Visions of money being flushed down the toilet
starting to
> appear)

I'm using tubular bars which have *much* more rise & setback then
the Heli setup.  I rerouted the the stock cables to provide more
reach and installed a longer ft. brake hose.

HTH,
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST