From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 11:39 PM
To: Triumph ST Mailing List
Subject: [ST] MP3 player & vibration - question...

Hello everyone,

I've been off the List for a while, so I'll reintroduce myself:  I'm a
Brit, living in Lafayette Louisiana and we've just got into our decent
riding weather season ( for me anyway - the summer is waaay too hot,
although I do some riding).  I have a '00 Sprint ST, with a variety of
mods, some good some not so good.

Anyway, to my question.  As a distraction to ease some of the stunning
boredom of I-10 (which is more or less unavoidable to get to the good
riding
places) I usually listen to music via an MP3 player.  I've recently
changed to an Archos 20 Gb unit.  The problem is that I've tried several
methods of trying to isolate it from vibration inside my tank bag but
the vibration at anything over about 65-70 causes it to go into suspend
mode - kind of like a CD player skipping.  The vibration - which feels
minimal to me when riding - is enough to keep it in suspend mode.  When
I slow back down, the thing starts working happily again.

Does anyone have the same unit?  The same problem?  Does anyone have any
ideas how best to make it vibration proof?  I've tried foam, both hi &
lo density, even a Sorbothane sheet didn't help.  Does anyone have
another type of MP3 players and does it work without problems?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Alex

2000 ST - 18k miles, Corbin/Ohlins/Zero Gravity/Racetech/Staintune/PIAAs
etc

*   *