frame sliders(Re: damage assessment(Re: [ST] ST's don't like to

be left sitting))

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:39:41AM -0700, Keith Winter wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, 8:08:13 AM, Brian D wrote:
>
> > Turns out the frame slider didn't bend in, the frame sheared.
> > Also, a piece of the case looks like it broke off at the eng
> > mount, and there is oil around the area.
>
> This is a possible result that has always bothered me about the
> frame sliders attaching to the engine itself.  In your case, the
> engine mount appears to have broken in only a fairly low speed
> tumble.

Low speed, but high impact.

I'm not a slider flag-waver, but I always thought they'd be extra
insurance.  Ironic how this has turned out.  I know some avoid them for
just this reason.  But I've also seen them save a bike from much greater
damage than it would have received in a high-side.

Have to ponder if I'll use them again.  But thought I'd lay my story out
there for others.

> > We'll see what Dairyland says about it when the adjuster gets in contact
> > with me.  :|
>
> Well, you may end up getting that vibration problem fixed after
> all, either as part of the repair for the slider damage, or from
> getting a new ride.

Too true.

- --
'99 ST (black)