[ST] re: ST Break in??

I purchased my RS over 300 miles away and rode it home.  I would suggest that you plan on two days to come home with it.  The first 100 miles are very annoying, because the RPM limit is SO low.  I rode almost all of the first 100 on surface streets.  Stop, start, stop, start.  That's a good way of varying the revs.  I also suggest that you pick up the bike in the morning, cruise around the area a bit, then get lunch.  If you're "lucky", that's when your battery will fail on you, and you'll still be in the vicinity of the dealer.  If you're truly lucky, as opposed to faux luck, you won't have any problems and will be able to zip away.

I would also suggest that if you can, you avoid heavily trafficked highways.  Getting familiar with a brand new bike while dealing with heavy high speed traffic is not ANY fun.  DAMHIKT.  Oh, and unless your hometown has a Triumph dealer, you should get yourself a filter, crush washer, and jug o' oil.  Your bike'll be ready for its first service before you get it home....  (If you do have a Triumph dealer, see if he'll come close to matching the deal.)

John S., aka "BikerDawg" nee Bikerdad
'00 Sprint RS - Atomic Orange