Re: [ST] Official Results HP/Torque

Howdy,

	I have a motorhead question about Chris's dyno results. How can
simply adding a pipe and tweaking the software yield nearly double the
torque values? I'm not saying it didn't, I just don't understand how. I
mean, the torque is basically a function of the combustion pressure in
the cylinder, the surface area of the cylinder and the length of the
moment arm on the crank. Adding an after market air filter and pipe
lets the engine breath freer and thus should improve the volumetric
filling of each cylinder resulting in slightly higher combustion
pressures. Short of adding some form of turbo, supercharger or high
compression engine parts, this large of a jump in torque seems
incredible. Is the stock breathing of the engine really so bad that it
chokes the engine down that much?
	Just for grins, I recently installed a Power Commander II on
Beth's 98 VFR 800. She has the K&N filter and a full TwoBros Stainless
system with the C5 Titanium pipe. Major difference according to the
glutomatic sensors. But if you want to see the hard numbers, I have the
dyno runs on my website at:

http://sfriday.com/

Look in the WHAT's NEW section for the link. I certainly did not get
results like Chris ;-)

Adios,

- --
Scott "Jap Dawg" Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi His in Red
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi Hers in Blue - RED BODYWORK FOR SALE!!

http://BackroadMotorcycleTours.com/
http://sfriday.com/
http://pages.tca.net/sfriday/ (mirror site)