RE: [ST] 0 mph fall / UK no-claims question

Alex,

Terribly sorry about your mishaps. I know how frustrating this can be.
Here's my .02 worth:

First, give your insurance company a call. Usually, you can tell them your
situation and ask them what the effect will be. Ask for specific $$ amounts
if you're comfortable letting them know who exactly you are. If you're not
comfortable with that, I'd suggest switching insurance companies and finding
one that you are. A good insurance company will be able to tell you exaclty
what will happen. It really doesn't make sense to be paying for a service
all these years, then be afraid to find what your options are when you need
to use it!

Second, I'd really really consider getting the new fairing pieces. My bike
has been down twice, a 5 MPH and 0 MPH. I've had side panel replaced (my $$)
and the nose painted. Someone has subsequently kicked the new panel since
then. My point is is that many of the tabs the fairing screws go through are
broken. The fairings are secure and you really can't tell from a distance,
but the fairings just don't fit quite as nice now. It is a real irritation
everytime I take them off that I have to be soooooo careful not to do more
damage to them. It would have been worth it to me to make a claim and get
new "showroom-quality" fairing pieces. Check your fairing mounts carefully
before deciding to keep them. There is JB weld and other solutions, but like
I said, you pay for insurance....

Better luck to ya!

Chris Strizver