[ST] bike down

Today was a great fall day until the end when I stopped for gas.  Filled up
and was going to pull over to a parking spot at the gas station and out of
no where  around a corner came a pickup.  Three choices, veer off and hit a
parked van, continue on my current path and be struck  by the truck or put
the RS down.  I laid it down. Left fairing gone, belly pan gone, clutch
lever broken, gear linkage and shifter bent to hell, and leaking oil from a
mysterious place on top the motor somewhere.  Blows smoke out of the pipe
like an incense burner.  The bad part of the incident was the driver of the
truck just took off.  Luckily I was within a half mile of a Triumph dealer,
so I limped the bike, smoking back to the dealers and had to find a ride
home 60 miles.  Bruised hip and sore wrist...pretty lucky.  My left shoulder
took The impact, but the armor in my Triumph jacket saved the shoulder from
injury.  Helmet dinged up a little.  Thankfully I have 5 other bikes to
ride, so I won't be without the rest of the season.

Tim Elliott