Re: [ST] bike down

Peckham,

Probably a panic throttle blip followed by over braking, as I said he  came
around the corner faster than he should have been going and me not ready to
react probably blipped the throttle and then braked too hard to avoid
running into the parked van.  I guess we should call the incident a drop,
not a lay down.  If I thought I could have withstood the pain involved in
being struck by a vehicle, I'm not that big a man yet, I would have let him
hit me.  My insurance company has been good with other claims I've had
without anyone else being involved, so my motivation is get out of it with
minimal pain and have the bike fixed, not a big deal.  I really don't care
about the damage to the bike, though it is an inconvenience.  The fact that
the dip shit took off is what amazes me. and no, I think I said I had three
options, be hit, NO, Strike a parked car and be at fault for damage to their
vehicle, NO, or get off the bike, yes, free fix and on the road again within
a couple of weeks and besides I have others to ride.

Tim Elliott