RE: [ST] bike down

Im w/Tim on this one, the option of making contact
with a vehicle is a complete NON-option unless it is
inevetible. There are to many variables involved. The
weight of scoot and human body is pretty insignificant
to that of a cage. Lay it down, drop it, jump off,
bail, whatever you have to do to stay off the car! no
insurance claim or a few hundred $$ is worth a
compound fracture.

If this dumbass were on a cellphone or applying makup
or some stupid driving activity all to common to
cagers, Tims presence would not be known to the said
dumbass until the said dumbass were parked on his rib
cage. I cant argue weather or not the bike needed to
be laid down, but having been a towtruck operater for
several years I can say Tim was in the right to stay
away from the moving cage (at any speed). I have had
the misfortune of cleaning up to many car/bike
accidents. Even at very low speeds they can turn
deadly. Sorry about the bike Tim and glad you escaped
serious injury.

Tony Burke
00 ST