[ST] (Dr?) Feelgood

I know it's preaching to the converted, but I was gratified to read the
following in MotorCycle Sport & Leisure's (of the UK's more staid biker
publications) Nov 2002 comparison between the VFR, ST4, Future, ZZR-1200 and
the ST:
"
If we go back to the beginning and take a hard look at the definition of the
sportstourer then we can draw the following conclusions. The Kawasaki's at
the fringe of the sportstourer spectrum, due to its hefty weight, and its
less than brilliant luggage carrying capacity. For munching hundreds of
miles very quickly it's ideal, but once you reach the Alps it will be
significantly more of a handlful through the tighter stuff than the other
sportier fare here.
And while the Ducati and the Aprilia will get you to the mountains In fine
form and time, the nature of their V-twin engines makes them harder work
over the long haul than the Kawasaki, Honda or Triumph. The Ducati has the
edge of the two in both looks and refinement, whereas in my opinion the
Aprilia just looks a bit too 'out there' - you be the judge.
The Honda is a wonderfully dedicated and refined package. It has been out
for years now - since 1986 in fact in one form or another - and that has
given Honda all that time to get it right.
It has very little opposition as a pure-breed sportstourer, but there is a
strong contender here
in the form of Triumph's Sprint ST.
The Triumph outclasses the Honda by the tiniest of margins, doing a slightly
better job in most areas. Cosmetically it hasn't really changed since first
released so it looks a little dated, but don't let that put you off. With a
good strong engine, a superb chassis and an ideal riding
position for both the rider and the passenger, you will be hard pushed to
find a sportstourer   more complete.
"

Regards,
- --