[ST] crash followup(Re: damage assessment)

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:23:17PM -0700, Blake Sobiloff wrote:
> Brian D wrote:
> > Turns out the frame slider didn't bend in, the frame sheared.   Also, a
> > piece of the case looks like it broke off at the eng mount, and there is
> > oil around the area.
>
> Damn, Brian -- sorry to hear about your get-off! Not only did your bike
> get seriously hurt, you did too. Certainly the worst of both possibilities.
>
> Please heal quickly -- and get another ST ASAP. :-)

Thanks for the kind words, Blake and others who wrote to me.  I'm in a
long-arm cast for another week (just 2 weeks total), then a short arm
for another 2-3 weeks.  Won't need any rehab or PT, so that's all good
news.

The other good news is that Dairyland has already contacted me with
settlement dollar amounts.  4 days after my accident (3 days after
contacting them), they had an adjuster at my house, and after less
than 10 business days are ready to send me the final paperwork so they
can cut a check.  I give them high marks.  I just shudder to think how
much my rates will go up because of this claim.

As far as another ST, I don't think that will happen.  The fact is that
I'm just too tall for an ST.  I need a bike with more legroom.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if an ST topbox will fit on a
Tiger?  Their luggage racks look to be a little different (for some
unknown reason), which probably means you have to use a different box.
If that's the case, I would find it pretty silly.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)