Re: [ST] Salvage Title

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 05:28:04PM -0500, Tom Emberson wrote:

> As some of you know, thanks to the attack rock, my bike may get
> totalled. Long story, but if buy back the bike with a salvage
> title, will I be able to keep collision on it, and if it where
> to get in an accident would they consider it only worth the
> salvage value that I paid, or would they compensate me with
> repsect to having a road worthy bike?

I'm not exactly sure where salvage titles come from in TX, but I do
know this:  Dairyland decided my bike was a total loss.  If I decide
to keep the bike (essentially, buy it back from them), they will just
cut me a check (for full total value - salvage value - taxes) and I
keep the bike and original title.  If I tell them to take the bike
and give me the full total value, I have to fill out papers, sign the
title over, and they have a salvage yard come get it.

So maybe then salvage yard would then get a salvage title for it to
give to whoever buys it from them?  Beats me.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)