[no subject]

Well, I'm not sure now what exactly a salvage title is. Is there a legal
definition of what constitutes salvage?

The other point this brings up is that your insurer has accurate information
on the retail value of bikes. It wouldn't hurt to pump them for this
information before making an offer on the YOM or used bike you're looking
at. In fact, I think it would be rather important to know how much you're
covered for, even if that doesn't factor into the purchase cost.